This warm and gooey treat tastes just like your favorite bread pudding, only it’s low in calories (107 for the whole recipe!), high in volume, and takes all of 2 minutes to make! Tell you tongue to stop watering so you can focus on the recipe!
[I got this recipe from hungry-girl, and then cut it in half, using a couple different ingredients for nutrition benefits (egg whites and whole wheat bread)! This one piece was so big on it’s own, I can’t IMAGINE what two would be like!]
- 1/2 of a 20 or 25 calorie diet hot cocoa mix
- dash salt
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1/8 tsp. coconut extract
- 1 slice light 100% Whole Wheat bread
- 1/2 tsp. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 5 mini marshmallows
1) Heat up 2 tablespoons water in a large microwavable mug for one minute. In a separate cup, combine cocoa and salt. Add water to glass and stir until cocoa dissolves. Add egg whites and coconut extract. Mix well.
2) Spray a large microwavable mug lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
3) Toast bread in toaster and then tear bread into cubes, placing cubes into mug. Pour egg-cocoa mixture from the glass into the mug (covering the bread cubes.) Stir gently so that the bread is thoroughly soaked. Top with chocolate chips and marshmallows.
4) Microwave for about 2 minutes, until pudding is set. Indulge!