So, although this Paleo recipe that I tweaked removed whatever kitchen-god-complex was forming in my head, it still made for a majorly delicious and nutritious scramble! Peanut Butter, Bananas, Egg whites, and the optional mix-ins of blueberries and walnuts—or whatever you want—, mine came out to be 225 calories, but without the mix-ins, it’d be around 175.
- 1 Tablespoon Peanut Butter [I used Peanut Wonder, basically the same thing as Better n’ Peanut Butter] (50 cals) (It would be 95 with normal peanut butter)
- 1 medium banana (100 cals)
- 1/4 cup egg whites (25 cals)
- Optional: 2teaspoons crushed walnuts (about 30 cals), some blueberries (15 cals), and I also used a quarter cup of almond milk, but I don’t recommend that if you want pancakes—I think it diluted mine too much.
- Mash banana. Whisk egg whites and peanut butter with a fork in a mixing bowl till well blended, add banana and mix in as well.
- Pour mixture in increments onto a medium-heated skillet. Wait for it to cook (take a little longer than normal pancakes) on one side, throw additional toppings on uncooked side, and flip. (I should say “flip”, this proved hard to do for me. If you fail at flipping, just do what I did and scramble it like eggs. Not as pretty, but tastes the same!)
- Enjoy! It’s very sweet already so there is really no need for syrup!
NOTE: I got this recipe from a paleo food site and majorly tweaked it. First I cut the recipe in half using 1 banana, then I replaced a 1/4 cup egg whites for one egg, and used Peanut Wonder instead of almond butter, and added almond milk (DO NOT)…maybe it would have held together better if I hadn’t made those changes. Who knows? Oh well, it was worth a shot, and it was tasty anyways!